It seems to be a pervasive myths that tablecloths are only meant to serve a functional purpose. While there is no doubt that these modern fabrics are able to protect the underlying table from issues such as scratches and stains, we also need to keep in mind that they are critical in terms of aesthetics. Continue reading
From outdoor barbecues during the summer months to a holiday feast, no dinner would be complete without an attractive and hard-wearing tablecloth. Not only are these fabrics able to protect delicate underlying surfaces, but they can add a touch of style to any gathering. Continue reading
Taking care of tablecloths ensures you get the best out of them. This, however, is not a simple task. For instance, taking care of luxury tablecloths can be challenging, especially when you have little children in your home since they tend to mess them up. Continue reading
What is a tablecloth protector?
When it comes to tablecloths, almost everybody appreciates the important role they play in ensuring the living room is tidy and looking beautiful. Table clothes are designed to protect your table from quick wear and tear although they also need to be protected from dirt. If you have invested some money in buying quality tablecloths, it will make more sense if they can serve you for a long time. To get value for your money, you need to purchase a tablecloth protector.
Types of Tablecloth Protectors
Here are the common types of tablecloth protectors:
- Classic table protectors: These premium tablecloths can protect your table from scratches and excess heat of up to 100°C. They are heavy-duty table protectors.
- Non-slip table protector: Usually made of rubber, they have a non-slip back to help keep it in place.
- Table Felt Protector: This is designed to protect your table from excess heat up to 100 °C.
Why you need to purchase a tablecloth protector?
A tablecloth protector comes with numerous benefits for your table cover. Here is why you need a protector for your tablecloth:
- It helps keep dirt at bay: By purchasing a protector for your tablecloth, you will not need to clean them frequently.
- Protection allows you to expand the lifespan of your tablecloth: A quality protector will ensure that you use your tablecloth for a longer time.
- It offers your room aesthetic value: If your tablecloths are clean and appear new, the beauty of the room will be enhanced.
Factors to consider when buying a tablecloth protector
Are you planning to buy a tablecloth protector? If yes, here are the factors you need to consider.
- Size of your tablecloth: The protector should cover your tablecloth properly to protect it from spills.
- Material: You should decide what kind of tablecloth protector works best for you based on where you will use it. Some vinyl tablecloth protectors are easy to clean and do not need ironing. On the other hand, a heavy duty table protector is likely to have a longer lifespan as compared to a lighter one.
- Cost: Be sure to buy a tablecloth protector that is within your budget. Remember expensive does not always mean quality. A heavy duty table protector, however, will cost more than a light one.
In recent years, it has become common to serve meals on a bare tabletop, but this does not mean tablecloths are out of style. They have always been a popular accessory. Continue reading
There are many ways in which an otherwise dull table can be brought to life. The use of skirted tablecloths is one of the most effective and eye-catching strategies. While there are many made-to-order models available on the market, what will do-it-yourself enthusiasts need to take into account? How large of a bolt of fabric is required? Continue reading
There are many elements that go into a memorable dining experience. Place settings, choosing the correct runners and ensuring that all of the proper utensils are present represent common concerns. However, what about napkins? Where should these accessories be placed? Are there any ways to fold them so that an air of sophistication is present? Continue reading
There is actually a bit more than meets the eye when setting a dining room table correctly. Whether you plan on catering to the needs of guests in the near future or your family is celebrating a special occasion, a bit of knowledge can go a long way. Continue reading
A tablecloth often serves as the building block of any given table setting. It’s the reason you need to ensure that you have chosen the right cloth for your residence. But as is the case with all home décor, there is more that goes into selecting linen, other than your personal style. The right luxury tablecloths will need to have been sized for the table you have in mind. But how can you determine which cloth is perfect and which one is not? Continue reading
Tablecloths, whether they are made from linen or PVC, protect table tops from damage that can occur through everyday use while enhancing the aesthetic appeal of the furniture piece. Continue reading